Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! And potential fathers... And sons and daughters of fathers, which is all of you! I would be willing to take on anyone in a competition for the best father in the world... I love you Dad!


Some updates:

I got my loan money. It's a bittersweet feeling. I am happy because I don't need to worry quite so much about where I am going to get the money to buy groceries and pay rent, but at the same time, a new chapter of my life has begun, one of having debt and no or little income for many years!

I survived orientation without falling asleep once! A feat in and of itself... As a bonding activity on Tuesday, we did a crazy 2.5-hour Amazing Race around Boston, and I was put in a group with a couple of hardcore runners, so it was pretty intense! Here is a picture of the group after we came in second! Notice that we are drenched in sweat?!

I met my cadaver! A very tall (probably over 6'3''), very built male (still has ripped arm muscles) who was not too old when he died (probably around 65-75). I am anxious to begin the dissection course that will consume my life for the next 2 months!

I have an official Harvard Medical School Identification Card! Every day that I go to school, I feel like I don't belong, the campus is so incredibly beautiful and the entire experience is just so surreal. I really feel like a foreigner! I guess when I put on my scrubs and lab coat I will feel a little bit more comfortable.



I have been exploring the Charlestown Navy Yard (of which my Institute is a part of) quite a bit more! It is so cool!





I am getting to know a lot of people out here. This ward is very social, with multiple activities most days of the week. I will have to cut back on the number of activities I go to and start really focusing on my schoolwork. But, I have a good little structure of friends that are fun to hang out with!

I love Boston! I just found out Harvard Medical School is right by the Museum of Fine Arts! It is just one stop on the T. I hope to be able to go right over to the MFA on Wednesdays this summer, since Wednesdays are free after a certain time in the evenings. That will be so much fun! I also found out that the beach is just 30-40 minutes away by T, so I am hoping to head out the beach this weekend! Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Till next time! Hope all are well.

5 comments:

Surf Paparazzi said...

I'm so glad you put up those pics Claire! Ahh, well I think I am planning an east coast backpacking trip this fall so I hope I can stop by and see all of this :) Love you, miss you :)

deveney said...

Wow, Harvard Medical School, that is impressive girl-way to go! I can imagine the whole not fitting in thing, but probably everyone else feels the same way-take care!

lulu123 said...

look at you claire! in boston! dissecting naked dead guys! you're all grown-up now!

starryeyes said...

Hi Claire ..I'm so proud of you.. I love you very much. and may God Bless You.. loves grams

starryeyes said...

Hi Claire ..I'm so proud of you.. I love you very much. and may God Bless You.. loves grams