Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Therapeutic Exercise Boot Camp

There were 4 days of bliss. I had a 4-day break after a grueling semester. And now I am back in school. For two weeks, I am participating in an intense block of 2 classes, which is something similar to a boot camp for 1) devising exercise programs for patients and 2) teaching patients of all ages.

It is intense, but it is fun. 60-100 pages of reading per night, with 1-2 chapters and multiple articles assigned for each class. And 8-9 hours of class per day. We also get a LOT of hands on practice. I am beginning to feel much more comfortable with my decisions. I feel more confident that I am influencing effectual changes. It is good preparation for the endurance that will be needed this summer in my internship, when I am in a physical therapy clinic for 8-10 hours a day!

In other news, the weather is amazing and I am able to play BASKETBALL again! My knee is doing well and I am beginning to be able to run and do some side-to-side motions! YAY!

What is everyone doing for the summer? Anything fun?

4 comments:

Guinevere said...

Summer? I'm in law school finals boot camp at the moment, so summer seems so far away. But, starting Friday I'm going to have a clean house, clean laundry, and real food. I'm going to the park, the beach, the zoo, and Walden Pond. And then I'll have a baby.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hi Claire! Sorry it's taken me forever to get back to you. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sounds like you are learning SO MUCH, and such cool stuff! It all fits you very well. I'm happy for you. Thanks for blogging - I love keeping in touch this way!!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

I don't care what it is for: 60-100 pages of reading for anything does not sound fun by any means. :)

The Moss Family said...

We're MOVING TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!