Friday, May 9, 2008

Home

Wow. Home is great. I have been having such a blast! Despite the muggy weather, San Diego is beautiful and school-less life is fantastic! After taking a few days to relax and recoup, I am looking forward to making like a little bit more busy and finding some fun things to do before I leave for Boston June 1!

I arrived in Poway after a long road trip with my mom to find a large package of books sitting on the front step, a welcoming gift and not-so-subtle reminder that my period of freedom from pupil life is shorter than I thought. My to-do list is huge before I start up grad school. Somewhere between the financial aid applications and the immunization shots, I have been experiencing many wonderfully excruciating feelings of nervousness and excitement for what is ahead.

I am just petrified that my peers are going to be far more qualified than me and that I will struggle and underperform. How does one shove these thoughts out of their mind and turn nervous energy positive? Any suggestions? I guess any uncharted waters are scary at first.

Hope everyone's May is just peachy!

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

My May is great! Especially here in Paris! Found a job yet? Say hi to the water for me.

You'll feel lousy your first year, and then you'll all be about the same. Plus, you know how to work hard and pace yourself, and that's a skill that not everyone will have. You'll survive, and you'll do awesome, 'cause you're CT.

The Moss Family said...

Claire, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! You fit in anywhere, make friends easily, and are just...PERFECT! I love you forever and call me when you want! I really miss our long talks!

Surf Paparazzi said...

Claire! Im glad you're having fun at home though I wish I was there with you ...
Add my blog to your list - www.tamdiego.blogspot.com

Love ya!